Thursday, October 18, 2007

Are you part of the 5%?

A loose figure to base this post on is that only 5% of the US population will ever become rich. It's also said that 5% of the world's population controls 95% of the wealth. Sounds close enough for me.

Why do you think this is? Do you believe that it is because the other 95% don't want to be rich? Hmmm...not that one, otherwise there wouldn't be millions of lotto tickets sold daily with the best odds that I could find being 1 in 13,983,816 for the jackpot.

So it looks like many people want to be rich, but few ever do. Why? Well my guess is because the 95% want to be rich, but they don't want to work for it. People don't want to be responsible for their futures and finances. They always have to be able to blame someone or something for their lack of success.

"I was born poor, I'll always be poor."
"I'm unlucky."
"I always get screwed."
"I'm too stupid to get rich."

That last one really kills me. Not because you can always seek education and information to change yourself mentally. Not because you can always create a partnership with others who have the knowledge. But because of the fucking pet rock! Gary Dahl made himself a millionaire in about six months by selling people rocks for $3.95.

It doesn't take much more than being able to bust a little bit of ass and think outside the box to make it big in this world. If you live in America, have a computer, and have internet access, you have no excuse for not working leverages to put yourself in a better place.

Just make sure that you have the right reasons for wanting to be rich. Chuck Boobs will cover that in a future article.

Chuck Boobs

If you enjoyed this blog, feel free to donate.
Donate

No comments: