Thursday, October 11, 2007

Lovely little rant on perspective-

I am so sick of people today. I am worried about the future of this once great country. Having spoken to many others about this situation we have decided that the Urbanization of Suburbia is the worst thing to happen to this country in recent years. Why the fuck do people glamorize being an ignorant dickhead? Since when was is so damn cool to speak with an 8th grade vocabulary littered with swearing? I don't understand it, I don't think that I ever will. However, if you do please enlighten me. Unlike many of you, I do infact embrace learning and self improvement. As these people, their attitudes, and their mentality spread through this country like a cancer I look toward the future. Many have limited education and skills. Just as many have little economic power. If you don't have any brains, skills, or money to contribute to society, what are you doing to make this world a better place? Even on a smaller scale, how do you help your community? Or is "reppin yo block" sufficiently benefiting your little corner of the world? Which is, by the way, not as bad as you think it is. You want to find a "real ass hood" step out of your comfort zone and learn a little about the world. Read about Jordan, Somolia, Zimbabwe, or Turkmenistan. Consider how lucky you are to live in a country that will allow you to protest and speak out against your leaders and laws. When you hang up that last call on your cellphone, finish dinner, and go to bed- in a bed- and in a house please realize that you are truly blessed. Stop and think about the places where you have to carry a gun everyday, everywhere from age 10 on just to stay alive. Stop and think about facing genocide daily due to your color, religion, or political affiliation. I'm not writing any of this to be an asshole, not by any means at all. I just wish people would take advantge of the opportunities afforded to them. I wish that people would be nice, for no reason at all. I know this one seems small, but for fuck sakes stop butchering the english language. Please try to do something to give back and make the world a better place, it's the least you can do.

Chuck Boobs

If you enjoyed this blog, feel free to donate.
Donate

1 comment:

JustJake said...

Well said, Sometimes I only wish I could put my thoughts on paper as well as you can. When you roll out a rant like that it makes me wish you'd run for office.(the big one) Kind of makes you wonder where this country will be in twenty years.